Granola is an awesome breakfast and snack food. This recipe is one of our favorites.
To make this Orange Coconut Granola mix 12-14 cups of oats with 2-3 cups of coconut and set aside.
Put 2 cups of honey and 1 cup of cold pressed coconut oil into a pan. Heat on low until the mixture becomes liquid.
Remove from heat and add: 15-21 drops of orange essential oil, 1 Tablespoon vanilla (optional) and 2-3 Tablespoons grated orange peel (optional)
Pour mixture over 14-16 cups of dry ingredients depending on how coated and sweet you would like your granola to be.
If you would like you can add raisins, craisins, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, other dry fruit, etc. to your granola. Often we will split the batch of granola adding raisins or sunflower seeds to part of the batch and leaving a portion without any add-ins.
Once all of your ingredients are mixed together bake at 175 or 200 degrees for about 2-3 hours; until desired crunchiness is achieved.
Munch on it plain or serve it with your favorite milk & toppings.
- 2 Cups Honey
- 1 Cup Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 15-20 Drops Orange Essential Oil (we use Ameo)
- 1 T. Pure Vanilla (Optional)
- 2-3 T. Grated Orange Peel (Optional)
- 12-14 Cups Oats
- 2-3 Cups Coconut
- Optional: Raisins, Craisins, Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Dry Fruit, Etc.
- Mix oats and coconut together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat Honey and Cold Pressed Coconut Oil on low until mixture becomes liquid.
- Remove from heat and add orange essential oil, vanilla and orange peel.
- Pour over dry ingredients.
- Add in Optional ingredients if desired.
- Bake at 175 or 200 degrees for 2-3 hours until desired crunchiness is achieved.